Jeep’s 4x4 Technology
Jeep’s 4x4 Technology
- Off-road differentials (Mechanical, electric or brake-assisted options)
- Durable skid plates
- Body-on-frame design
- Heavy-duty axles
- Ensuring top performance
- The flexibility of your 4x4 vehicle.
Being the foundation of the brand, Jeep provides outstanding 4x4 technology for your next off-road adventure!
Offering many 4x4 options, come see why Jeep’s 4x4 technology will take you to places you have never dreamed your vehicle could take you.
Jeeps’ 4x4 technology based on:
- Quadra-Drive® II 4x4 System with Rear Electronic Limited-Slip Differential
Alwaysactive, and can transfer 100% of the torque to a single wheel if needed. Has a limited-slip electronic rear differential.
- Quadra-Trac® I 4x4 System
- This is an always-on system that incorporates a differential brake-lock, ready for any weather situation.
- Quadra-Trac ® II 4x4 System
- This accessible scheme features a two-speed low transfer case that helps detect and react when tire slippage occurs. You can also engage in four different weather modes thanks to the
Selec-Terrain ® Traction Management System: Auto, Snow, Sport, and Sand / Mud.
- Quadra-Trac® SRT® 4x4 System
- An always-on system features Jeep's greatest transfer case ever placed on. Coupled with the larger engine on the SRT packages, this system features a mechanical wet clutch and an electronic limited-slip differential allowing 100 percent of the torque sent to an individual wheel.
- Jeep® Active Drive 4x4 System
- Features a disconnect from the rear axle that can switch between two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive. It also includes the
Selec-Terrain ® Traction Management System, used to handle four distinct weather modes: Auto, Snow, Sport, and Sand / Mud.
- Jeep® Active Drive Low 4x4 System
- Building on the Active Drive System, this provides a 20:1 crawl ratio and low range for the toughest paths.
- Command-Trac® 4x4 System
- Features a smooth and quiet transition that is both durable and capable of the toughest terrain.
- Rock-Trac® 4x4 System
- Comes standard on the Rubicon, with a low gear ratio of 4:1 that enables walking at reduced speeds, with enhanced torque sent to the wheels.
- Jeep® Active Drive I 4x4 System
- When required, a full-time system will automatically engage.
- Jeep® Active Drive II 4x4 System
- With the same Active Drive I feature, this system involves an added low variety and a neutral mode, excellent for towing.
- Jeep® Active Drive Lock 4x4 System
- Standard on the Cherokee
Trailhawk®, this system includes all the features of Active Drive II, but includes a mechanical rear axle lock and the proprietary "Rock" Selec-Terrain ® Traction Management mode.
Optionally, Jeep provides its Front Sway Bar Disconnect System, which enables the driver to disengage the front sway bar at low speeds to allow the front wheels to fall and retract with the terrain, providing a safer path. The Jeep's 4x4 options are the Grand Cherokee, Cherokee, Wrangler, and the Renegade. To test drive any of these iconic cars and their 4x4 systems, be sure to stop today at Indian Trail's Capital CDJR for the excitement you deserve from your car.
4x4 Options - Grand Cherokee
4x4 Options - Wrangler/Wrangler Unlimited
4x4 Options - Cherokee
Your next off-road adventure is waiting for you here at Capital CDJR of Indian Trail. Be sure to stop by and test drive the cutting edge 4x4 technology from Jeep today!